Today I passed the Microsoft AZ-900 Certification: Azure fundamentals.
Azure Fundamentals exam is an opportunity to prove knowledge of cloud concepts, core Azure services, Azure pricing, SLA, and lifecycle, and the fundamentals of cloud security, privacy, compliance, and trust.
The exam measure the following skills :
- Describe cloud concepts (15-20%)
- Describe core Azure services (30-35%)
- Describe security, privacy, compliance, and trust (25-30%)
- Describe Azure pricing Service Level Agreements, and Lifecycles (20-25%)
As a developer, I’ve been working with Azure for 4 years, I wanted to validate what I already knew, and at the same time broaden my knowledge in the area with whom I am not familiar.
How did I prepare for the exam?
Microsoft Learn is a free learning platform, which has learning paths and modules about many Microsoft products, you can learn at your own pace. Azure fundamentals learning path is here.
Pluralsight library has tons of videos about Azure, the ones that help me were from Microsoft Ignite 2019. some of those videos cover the topic you need to know in order to pass the AZ-900 certification.
- Discovering Azure
- Azure Networking Basics
- Azure Security Fundamentals
- Exploring Containers and Orchestration in Azure
- Keeping Costs down in Azure
- Storing Data in Azure
- Discovering Azure Tooling and Utilities
- What You Need to Know About Governance in Azure
- Azure Identity Fundamentals
- Figuring out Azure Functions
I bought from Whizlabs, the AZ-900 practice tests for 15 $, that money was well spent. I got 5 tests, 50 questions each, the tests were pretty close to the exam. The thing I like the most about Whizlabs is « Practice Mode », where you can get hints or links to the documentation if you struggle with a question.
It took me a few hours here and there, over a week to go through all the materials, after practicing tests a few times, I was ready to take the exam.